The destruction of Dragonia.. and the death of an angel...

Moderators: Developer, Story-Tellers

Epostile
AllulaNET Creator
AllulaNET Creator
Mood:

The destruction of Dragonia.. and the death of an angel...

Post by Epostile » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:50 pm

The horns atop of the towers blew in the early hours, people awoke in panic amid a scene of chaos. The horns blew again as the Lord Drego of the Guard ran up to the parapets of the inner fortress. While a good man, he was aged and not of the best of fitness. His cheeks were red as he puffed and tried to catch his breath. Pulling out a square bit of cloth, he wiped the sweat from his forehead. Between breathes, he saluted and spoke "Lord Di'Vlanche, it is the forces of the CommonWealth and that of Mythrador... Lord Drego Jaden McCloud is at their head..." he paused for a moment and swallowed "Your mother, Lady Tera Di'Vlanche.. is alongside him...". The Lord Drego looked away as the wash of despair and betrayal washed over the young lord. CryKale turned to look over the city, with its thousands upon thousands of inhabitants.

Tears welled up within his eyes as one after another, they escaped and fell upon his white chiffon tunic. He stood in silence for several long minutes. The Lord Drego and many of the Cities heads of state looked at each other awkwardly. Once coughed loudly, which seemed to catch the young Lord's attention. Turning around, he wiped away the tears and allowed his tri-set wings to frill out behind him. Blinking a couple of times, he drew breath and for a moment looked taller. "My Lords and Ladies, evacuate as many as you can though the mountain. Do-not offer McCloud's armies any opposition. Get as many out as you can, I will speak with my mother.." he half turned and looked out over the city. His honour guard set up formation close buy and readied themselves to follow the young lord. CryKale however turned his olive coloured face towards them and shook his head.

"No my friends, I want you to help the others... I will be safe on my own. Mother will not allow me to come to harm... now go.." he nodded and gave a weak smile to them all. Extending his tri-set wings, the heads of state backed off to allow him space to flex. CryKale climbed upon the parapet and allowed his wings to flex before setting them into motion, slowly at first he lifted off the cold stonework but soon gathered speed as he flew over the panic'd streets of Dragonia. He looked down as the tears returned and fell freely from his auburn eyes. Many people stopped to watch the young lord fly over them. He was unarmed and offered no protection, yet to the people he was an inspiration. While rather a weak lord, he was of the Di'Vlanche seraphims and as such inspired love and affection where-ever he went. Some even began to clap as they sounded their support, however once he flew over the outer walls, silence fell..

The joint forces of the CommonWealth and Mythrador were assembled just under a mile outside of the city. The angelic warriors mixed in with the crystalline constructs, natural and machine side by side. Jaden, in his trademark red and silver armour stood afore the lines and stared at CryKale without emotion. His sword, unbuckled but hung loosely from his hip as his arms folded and he took a long breath. Tera however sat upon a white steed, neither moving or offering any emotional signs. Her eyes were cold as she looked upon her son, her features stoic and hard.

CryKale slowly descended and allowed his feet to come into contact with the earthen ground. He was but feet away from Jaden and his Mother. For now, he ignored the giant eternal warrior and instead focused upon his own parent. "Mother! Why? What have I done?" he spoke with emotion, his hands reaching out toward her in empathy. In kind, she looked away towards the city in the near distance. Jaden's voice was harsh and sharp as he spoke "Stand aside boy, this has to be done..". CryKale turned on his heel and stood between them and his city. "They are innocent, free people.. those you pledged to protect Jaden!" he almost screamed. His voice begining to break "If you want them, you'll have to go though me!" he declared, either though bravery or stupidity...

Jaden turned to look towards Tera, his eyes as cold as the ice from the north. She turned slightly towards him and nodded but once...

The last thing CryKale heard was the 'SCHIING' as Jaden drew his blade before the thump as his head fell to the ground...

[OOC] - @Snow Your it!

Snow
AllulaNET SysOps
AllulaNET SysOps
1st Level
1st Level
Mood:
Re: The destruction of Dragonia.. and the death of an angel...

Post by Snow » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm

That Dragonia Empire… For over a thousand years it stood against darkness and all that aided it. Thousands of inhabitants lived there in peace and relative ease. But something was polluting it from the inside. Jaden’s emerald eyes gazed over the horizon, from behind a distant tree line. Only he knew what the purpose to this was, and only he could understand the full scope of what had to be done here. Tera Divlanche slid up beside him, he tone hard and cold as she asked what the plan would be. Taking Dragonia wouldn’t be easy, and in order for an attack to work, they had to hit the perimeter before anyone was the wiser. Jaden’s cold gaze slowly rotated to Tera. “The Great Spirit Stone chamber is the target. Spare those who move aside, cut down anything that slows us. My agents have their orders.”

Tera Nodded, she would spread instructions to the forces of the commonwealth. Kerina not far behind spread word to the forces of Avalon. These forces were clustered tight on the ridge behind them. Jaden slipped backward until out of view. As he spun around his armor flashed into reality, Brilliant silver lined with Crimson trim, wide pauldrons that met at a curved point, layered in an unknown metal and shaped for fit him perfectly, covering all major points of the body while allowing full range of motion. As he approached his forces, the thought of what was happening began to set in. He was about to betray everything and everyone that trusted him and loved him. But the Empire was being poisoned… Polluted from the inside by a force no one knew was there… Even Epostile barely had grasped what they found that day. But that day broke Epostile. The knowledge imparted to them by the machine devastated everything he knew… CryKale could not be allowed to know the same truth. Tera knew that as well as He did. At this point, the only way to bring out the poison was to sever it’s source from the Empire… The great spirit stone.

Jaden came forward to his forces who were all afraid. They were about to start a war that none of them agreed with and were going on nothing but the good authority of their leaders. All they knew was that they were marching on the one place that had provided them support and resources for so long. Jaden wasn’t known for his leadership skills, he was known for doing one job extremely well; War. This time however, his next move would prevent him from joining the battle personally. This time however, he didn’t need to, this would be over before any real resistance could be mounted. He looked over the massive forces he had assembled. Albions griffins in the air, Avalons archers in the rear, Mythrador’s infantry up front in a shield wall formation, spearman behind them with their pikes mounted on top of the infantry’s shields. His eyes scanned over the frightened soldiers for a moment, taking note of every face, every tearful expression. His voice boomed over the commotion of the army, yet only they could hear it. He did not give away their position beyond the tree line.

“Kill only what you must. We aim to disable the empire, not kill it. Haste is critical for this plan to succeed so any man that does not stand aside, cut down and move forward. Don’t fear what is about to happen, embrace it and know that it is for the sake of everything. Our actions will reverberate through history. False gods know not the might of Dragonia and her allies… But they will come to fear us!”

With that Jaden rose an armored hand as a purple orb began to crackle into existence, growing ever so slightly at a time before slowly lifting off his hand and taking position above the Albion Griffins. It gained speed and volume, growing larger quickly to become as large as the army itself. The ground creaked and groaned as the circle of power began to drift downward. Jaden looked at Tera and asked “Are you sure about CryKale? There’s no second chance here” to which Tera gave a nod “I’m sure Eternal. None know him better than I.” Jaden’s head nodded a couple times before he and Tera took their positions at the rear of the army as the sheet of temporal magic consumed them, and the army…

Moments later the army was outside the walls, the Griffins instantly engaging the Sentry towers, the infantry marching on the open gates in the walls and the archers placing carefully planned shots over the wall and into the buildings to stir a riot. Tera mounted her horse to better view the field, while Jaden uncovered a series of crystals that he threw in different directions beyond the wall. His hand remained extended for a moment before clasping into a tight fist. The ground rumbled as magic ripped earth and crystal apart and merging them into large golem like abominations that would come to sweep whole huts and buildings aside.

All these things together would prove to overwhelm standing forces in the city. Time was ticking. If Marcul raised the DSR, this would become much more difficult and result in more loss than there needed to be. Tera’s Seraphim Forces stayed back to reinforce the assault teams if required while others went in with the infantry. It wouldn’t take long before CryKale Appeared before them, pleading to Tera. Jaden’s voice, cold, callous, and razor sharp warned him only once. “Stand aside boy, this has to be done…” CryKale spun to face Jaden and hit him with words that would forever haunt him. "They are innocent, free people.. those you pledged to protect Jaden!" Jaden’s eyes locked on the young Seraphim. So much of Excelir in him. One of Jaden’s closest Allies… But CryKale didn’t possess Excelir’s Wisdom and foresight like his father before him… He was young and didn’t see the deeper threats. "If you want them, you'll have to go though me!" he declared, either though bravery or stupidity…

Jaden glanced at tera, making sure she was okay with this. She nodded slowly one time before turning her attention back to the battle.

A sharp crack of lightning mixed with the sound of blade slicing air and making contact with it’s target. A well placed, precision strike that happened faster than CryKale could even react to… And with it, his head fell from his body. Jaden’s stomach sunk. CryKale didn’t deserve this… None of them did… But the greater threat needed to be smoked out… and they were numerous and now had no where left to hide.

Jaden’s eyes snapped back to Tera. “Bring Pearl Snow. She’ll do the rest… Renze should be in place by now. Once he’s done, we pull out.” To which Tera gave a nod as a tear fell down her cheek. Jaden’s eyes slowly drifted back to CryKale. “I hope one day… You’ll see… And you’ll forgive me…”

Forgiveness… something Jaden always wanted… but it always eluded him. It was in this moment he realized just how Disappointed Sari would be in this moment… How tortured she would be if she was here to see this…. A pain that would rack Jaden and rip at his soul for the rest of time…